Goran Online Forums

Full Version: Goran v Nadal part 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Goran gets a chance at revenge as he has to face Nadal once again. If i remember right he said that he thought that he would have won if he was not hurt, well lets hope that this is true!

I'm also hopeful that Goran makes it through in Estoril. BUT - call me cynical, but does anyone else think that he is just going through the motions in order to get into Wimbledon one last time.
So far he hasn't made it past the first round of any tournament - he has either lost in the first round, or made it to the second round and pulled out citing injury. I have a feeling he is just entering as many tournaments as possible, with no intention of playing right through them, so there is more chance of the All England Club letting him straight into Wimbledon this year without qualifying!
I hope it isn't the case, and maybe I'll be proved wrong by him continuing on through Estoril.
Still - COME ON GORAN!!!
Emma

While he has not done great so far and has droped out more then once, I doubt that is his plan. For one he for that to be the case he needs to win a few matches and two I doubt that wimbledon would make him go through qualifying. They gave him a wild card when there was way less reason to in 2001, there is no way they would chance him losing in qualifying and not making it in what is most likley his last time there.
Reference URL's