Goran Online Forums

Full Version: When Goran retires...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

When Goran retires, who should we support then?
I really dont have a clue.. Now - Goran hasnt played much the last couple of years. Still - he has been my biggest hero on the curcuit by far. Just knowing he is out there - struggling for a Wimbledon come-back.
But when he retires: who will you support out there?

I have always liked Gustavo Kuerten. But I just cant seem to fint the same kind of feelings for Kuerten as I do for Goran. I guess its all about charachter...

when goran retires, i gona support mario ancic and marat safin!

PHILIPOUSSIS!!
Without a doubt. 2nd fave player (was Rafter but he retired too!)
But will certainly keep an eye on Mario Ancic as he is spookily like Goran.
Em x

I will still support Goran but on Senior Tour :cool:

Goran e basta!

Ljubicic, Ancic, Karlovic and El Aynaoui.

It would be lovely to think Goran would play on the Seniors Tour but I'm pretty sure once he hangs up his racket, that will be that.

Probably to "spend more time with the family" - that old excuse!

Em x

For me it has to be James Blake - he's a real fighter, and a real inspiration (I dont know if you know of his 'story' but its pretty amazing!)

There is no one to replace goran.... This guy is playing tennis with so "originality".... No one to be crazy like him, no one to serve like him...No one to beat his records....+1000 aces/year....No one to be funny like him....is just a man that have change the history of the game....

so i don't support another guy with so fever...maybe i will change my taste for another sport....

I also think like you DAVE. Goran has a character and humanity. The other players are like someone said it before very correctly, like robots. Goran is like a common man, shows his emotions freely and is not a robot. You know many people got some inspiration from Goran. I mean there was this old man in Croatia who did not have any money to buy bread. When the old man heard that Goran won Wimbledon he got happy despite his lack of money.
I think that someone like Goran the Genius is only once in a lifetime.

Go Goran!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reference URL's