06-23-2004, 12:14 AM
Ivanisevic vs Volandri
Order of play:

Court 2 12.00 noon Start

1. Gentlemen's Singles - 1st Rnd.
Lee Childs (GBR) v. Sjeng Schalken (NED)[12]
followed by:

2. Ladies' Singles - 1st Rnd.
Mary Pierce (FRA)[24] v. Virginia Ruano Pascual (ESP)
3. Gentlemen's Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Goran Ivanisevic (CRO) v. Filippo Volandri (ITA)
4. Ladies' Singles - 2nd Rnd.
Aniko Kapros (HUN) v. Anastasia Myskina (RUS)[2]
06-23-2004, 12:49 AM
Ivanisevic vs Volandri
Last time they met was a 5-set thriller that Volandri ended up winning... but it was on clay, so i see no reason why ivo shouldnt take him rather solidly at wimbledon tomm.
06-23-2004, 06:48 AM
Ivanisevic vs Volandri
go Goran! :) Its pouring rain just now, fingers crossed it fairs up later.

they try and they try but everything that they do
is the ghost of a trace of a pale imitation of you
Visit this user's website
06-23-2004, 11:47 AM
Ivanisevic vs Volandri
i only want to wish good luck to goran -he can beat volandri,i want to believe it ,i do not want this to be his last match-please tell me that he would beat!I need to hear it.i do not know what i would do when goran retires.i just love him and i will love him forever! :rolleyes:
06-23-2004, 12:34 PM
Ivanisevic vs Volandri
All the best Goran!!

Fingers crossed. And honestly; I dont see Goran losing to this guy. He seems sharper than I've seen him in years.
I definetely see him past the first week!!
06-23-2004, 01:23 PM
Ivanisevic vs Volandri
From what they are saying, its highly unlikely Goran will get on court today, so think we are looking at Thursday, at the earliest (rain is scheduled on Thursday as well, but not to such great an extent). I really dont know enough abut this Italian guy to comment, but hope that Goran gets to play when its a bit sunnier, and the ball will be travelling faster, otherwise it could be a tricky one.
06-23-2004, 03:25 PM
Ivanisevic vs Volandri
all second round matches are postponed til tomorrow...
06-23-2004, 06:24 PM
Ivanisevic vs Volandri
in a way thats quite good, for me anyway, I was too busy to have watched today, lets hope I have some clear space tomorrow and can just sit back and watch :)

they try and they try but everything that they do
is the ghost of a trace of a pale imitation of you
Visit this user's website
06-23-2004, 06:49 PM
Ivanisevic vs Volandri
For those who don't know well Goran's next opponent, Volandri has a really nice one handed backhand (one of the most spectacular on the tour), a decent topspin forehand and maybe the weakest serve of the Top 50 so Goran should prevail if he plays with accuracy.

This is a static archive of the Goran Online Forum. All content is preserved as-is.