Goran Online Forums

Full Version: GORAN - THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!! (A tribute)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Dearest Goran!

I'm so sad that I never got to really see you in your peak - I was too young to remember...and in those days I wasn't really that into tennis (I'm 14)...

Yet when I really went Goran crazy from the 2nd round of Wimbledon 01, I've never stopped loving him... I can't believe it what a perfect, charismatic, exciting and thooughly delightful player he was and still is to watch - I'm upset that they didn't give him another day's rest - he could probably have won if he played on People's Sunday...

Yet he knew how to leave the game, where the greatness had bloomed...and he did it so sweetly and gracefully! I'm delighted that he still has some of what his serve used to be and his humour never dulls under the weight of time!

I'm going to the Wimbledon Men's Finals on Sunday, so I'm going to bring a croatian flag (I hand painted on Calico....) with 'C'MON GORAN!' - I hope the cameras will focus on it - I'm bringing it in, whoever's in the finals, because this year, the tournament BELONGS to Goran as a sweet farewell! I love him SOOO much!

Hope Mario can follow Goran's difficult feat!!!!!!!!

Lots of love,

Kikko xxxxxxxx

It´s very sad...but you´ll be our hero forever

GORAN - you are the TENNIS for me :o)
I must thank to god, that he gave you to us....
I hope that we hear about your daughter soon :-))

I'm so happy that so many people here love you as much as I do! Wimbledon 2001 is one of the most memorable moments of my life. I stayed up til 4.30am to watch that match live back at home. When I think of you dropping your knees on the ground after the final point, it always makes me smile. To me, you have it all, the great look, the physique, the charming personality and the skill. What a unique individual! your family are the luckiest people ever!!

Lastly, thank you ever so much for great inspiration you have given me. The tennis world will never be the same without you. Please come back to wimbledon again.

I cant believe I'm still crying :(

"you did not choose to be a champion, but the championship chose you"

Eve B.
Bangkok/London

I am miranda from Hong Kong. I love you and wish you all the best in your life. I will never forget you, you are so lovely, funny, handsome and have a great heart, you are unreplaceable!

Bravo Gorane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ti si najbolji od svih!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ovo sta je ostalo je samo jedna hrpa dosadnih robota......... Sve najbolje Tebi i Tvojoj Familiji od Krese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cried when you won, I cried when you lost, I cried when you left. You are an amazing tennis player and an even more amazing person. You have been an inspiration, and I drew a lot of strength from you which is odd as we have never met. Thank you for being who you are and for having the guts to share that with us. I am not a screaming teenage fan but it has to be said, I love you. And thank you. xxxxxx

I became a fan of yours in 1998, though I had known who you were before then, remembering the terms "explosive" and "young talent" being used sometime in the mid 90's. I didn't really follow Wimbledon or tennis in great detail until around '97, and I had grown bored with the dull Pete Sampras and his straight serves and all of the serve and volley style players.

Then I saw you play a Wimbledon match. Instantly, I remembered how hard you hit the ball and knew before you ever hit it that you were going to CRUSH it. Sure enough, I learned that you blasted aces like it was going out of style every time you set foot on a Wimbledon court. Forget serve-and-volley, you were serve and be done with it. I loved your explosive left-handed ball crushing style, and I recognized some of myself in the way you handle adversity. Your short temper reminds me of my own, and when you lost to Sampras I was almost as pissed as you were. You made the game fun with your humor and display of emotion, everything Sleep Sampras wasn't. Your 130+ MPH bombs on virtually every serve and 30+ aces/game averages at Wimbledon kept me glued to the TV.

Anyway, without you, tennis is going to be boring as hell. You're hands down the greatest Wimbledon champion in history and will never be forgotten by those that care about the game. I just hope that you aren't gone forever and will some day entertain us again in some way--is announcing a possibility? You could be hilarious if ESPN/NBC would let you say what you want.

Goran, you you will be so much missed by everyone who liked to see a player with a great gift for tennis mixed with emotion. I have supported you from the first time I saw you at the 1990 Wimbledon quarter-final against Kevin Curran, to your final match against Hewitt last week, the absolute high being of course that marvellous victory in 2001, when against all odds you won the title, and no one deserved it more than you. I was so happy that you were able to come to Wimbledon to play your final match, and winning the first two was a bonus. I so hope that your shoulder will improve so that you can return to play on the senior tour, as I'm sure I speak for all your fans as well as myself, when I say that I really can't bear the thought of never seeing you again! Hopefully you'll return to Wimbledon next year to watch some tennis, and talk to Sue Barker so that we can see you on TV. Meanwhile have a good life with Tatijana and your beautiful little daughter Amber.
Love, Penny. (England)

GORAN THANK YOU FOR ALL THIS YEARS !!!
WE WIIL MISS YOU .....

THANKS FOR EVERITHING GORAN
Tennis game will not be the same without you,we will miss you

Aleksandar,Macedonia

For brightening up tennis in general and Wimbledon in particular for the last fifteen years. You've said you'll be back to drink tea; make sure you speak to the BBC too; we'll miss your words as much as your tennis!

May your future career(s?) be as successful as your tennis one.

Best wishes,
Donna (UK)

I've been a Goran fan since 1992, through the lowest of the lows and the highest of the highs. I cried through the toughest of losses, I cried on that glorious Monday in 2001 and I cried last week when you walked off the court for the last time. Thank you Goran for the memories and I wish you the best in the future. The following quote is dedicated to you:

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat." - Teddy Roosevelt

Best Wishes,
Marty
(Austin, TX)

dear goran
I have always enjoyed watching you play and was beside myself when you won the championship and wish you could play forever!
I wish you well with your future and will miss you loads! Enjoy your family life with your partner and child.
:) :(

I'll never forget your 2001 win. Nothing compares to that in sport.

Greatest thing I have ever seen in sport.

You may be missed, but you will never be forgotten.

Oregon, USA

Goran, you ARE the best! Keep it up.
enjoy your familylife and fulfill all your dreams
Thanks for all the wonderfull moments, and they haven't stopped here!
I wish you lots of luck and happiness

see you!
maybe good idea to do worldwide McDonalds-ads?
frenchfries look good on you!

many kisses
Devika

Goran, you ARE the best! Keep it up.
enjoy your familylife and fulfill all your dreams
Thanks for all the wonderfull moments, and they haven't stopped here!
I wish you lots of luck and happiness

see you!
maybe good idea to do worldwide McDonalds-ads?
frenchfries look good on you!

many kisses
Devika

Thank you Goran,
you are the Best. I enjoy your tennis and i will miss you.
I wish you all hapinnes.
GOOD BAY HANA, CZECH REPUBLIC
:D:D:p

Dearest Goran,

It was tremendous joy to watch your last matches at Wimbledon, but immensely sad as well, knowing that they were the last ones.
Nobody else has given us so much excitement, tears and joy like you've given through your game, and nobody ever will.
I've never witnessed something so beautiful, so uplifting, and so emotional as your victory in Wimbledon 2001.
To me, and many fans, that is by far the greatest victory, not only in tennis, but in all sports.
I can't thank you enough for being such a special person you are and all your hard work through difficult times when everything seemd to go against you, and all the tremendous efforts you made to come back to Wimbledon one last time.
You did come back to see us after so many injuries!
Although I always believed you would, it was just amazing.
My red -checkered Croatian hat you autographed for me at Wimbledon this year will be my treasure all my life.
I bought it in Bol 2 years ago. I decided to travel in Croatia for my holiday in stead of going to Wimbledon when I heard you were pulling out of Wimbledon that year. I wanted to see the country you love so much.
It was such a beatiful place and people were so nice there.
I will definitely go back there again.
Thank you, Goran, for giving me an opportunity to visit such a beautiful place.

I love you for your style, for you passion, for your guts, for your sense of humour, and for your love for your country.
I will miss you so much, Goran.
Thank you for everything.
You are the greatest player of all.
Best wishes for your new life with your family!
I will always support you from Japan whatever you do in the future.

Hvala lijepo!

Manami, Osaka Japan

I’m quite sorry to hear that you are about to quit participating in Grand Slam tournaments … if this decision because of the pain you have in your shoulder … I want to tell you that, there is always solutions … I’m a squash player and I know exactly the kind of pain you feel … but it is not gonna last for ever … with some patience and a good medical treatment the pain will be gone.
So don’t give up that easy … the way I saw you playing in Wimbeldon was great according to the case of shoulder … try to bear a little bit more … and trust me it will work out in a very positive way .
Good luck …

Iman
Alexandria - Egypt
zziinnaa_2000@hotmail.com

Dragi Gorane,

imao sam 5 ili 6 TVa u zadnjih 15 godina, ali ni jedan "daljinski" nije tebe prezivio!! Hvala za inspiraciju i tehniku za razbijanje reketa i daljinskih. Sva sreca da te nisam totalno kopirao, inace nebi imao vise reketa.[Image: icon7.gif]

Posto je tenis moj zivot, neznam kakav bi taj zivot bio bez tvojih meceva. Iako Ljubo i mario isto znaju zezat na terenu, to ipak nije isto.
Nadam se, da cemo te i dalje moci vidjet na Senior touru i da se onda mozemo da sjetimo kako je bilo kad si dobio Wimbledon.

Moram priznat da je taj dan bio mozda i moj najljepsi u zivotu. Htio sam da dodem iz Promajne u Split, ali nije bilo moguce jer je magistrala bila puna.

HVALA ZA SVE OVE GODINE,

TVOJ NAJVECI NAVIJAC:
VEDRAN B. iz PROMAJNE/ HRVATSKA
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Reference URL's