Goran Online Forums

Full Version: WIMBLEDON 2004: ANCIC IN TEA-RRIFIC TITLE FORM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[left]GORAN IVANISEVIC backs fellow Croat Mario Ancic to brew up a Wimbledon victory.
[/left]
[left]But it's not just because they are good friends who grewup in the same street.
[/left]
[left]Former champ Ivanisevic, who retired after going out in the third round of this year's tournament, said: 'There's a special reason I want him to win this year.
[/left]
[left]'If he does, I'll have some really good company when I sit down and have a cup of tea at the All -England Club.'
[/left]
[left]Residents of Firule Street in the town of Split partied all night after Ancic followed mentor Ivanisevic's example by beating Tim Henman.
[/left]
[left]Ivanisevic disposed of the Brit in the semi-finals on his way to glory in 2001.
[/left]
[left]Croatian fans are already asking travel agents about flights to London, so sure are they that their man is going all the way.
[/left]
[left]Meanwhile the Croatian media has gone Ancic crazy.
[/left]
[left]The biggest-selling daily, Vecernji List, said: 'Ancic has made the English cry. The atmosphere on Henman Hill was like at a funeral.'
[/left]

Ah well, Mario put up a great fight! But was beaten by the better man on the day.
Still, what a talent for the future. Sure to be one to watch next year. He can go back to Split for a big party with Goran!

Radda...I just loved reading that! Goran is SO funny! The bit from the Croation press about 'Henman Hill' had me in stitches! Mario put up a brave fight today, and I'm sure the title will be his one day.
Pen.
Reference URL's