Goran Online Forums

Full Version: The Boodles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So....does anyone actually believe Goran is going to play at The Boodles tournament in June? I've got tickets to one day of it but I'm not holding my breath. Not convinced he's even picked up a racquet since retiring.
Would be great to see him one more time but I am so used to him pulling out of tournaments that I'm just automatically pessimistic these days.
Great look new forum - hope we can keep up the interest despite the lack of tennis!
Em x
I'd never heard he was going to be playing!
He played and won earlier this year...http://www.goranonline.com/news/gi_news.html#07.02.05
maybe its a good sign and he will be at the at The Boodles tournament :)
Took this from the Boodles website:

The Boodles Challenge takes place at Stoke Park Club between 14th - 18th June.

"An English Summer Garden Party around some world class tennis, the Boodles Challenge provides a rare opportunity to rub shoulders with some of the world's elite players. Held in the stunning grounds of Stoke Park Club Country Estate, The Boodles has quickly established itself as one of the great occasions in the English summer sporting calendar providing an ideal environment for entertaining friends, colleagues and business associates.

Guests are seated in a reserved box and enjoy a fantastic courtside view of the world's elite tennis professionals. Players that have already confirmed in 2005 include:

Andy Roddick
Goran Ivanisevic
Marat Safin
Greg Rusedski
David Nalbandian. "

So fingers crossed!

Just got an email through, doesnt look like he is playing anymore, gutted... Dont think it can be because of injury as surely he wouldnt know by now whether he would be fit, etc...

Think our best chance of seeing Goran in the UK this year will be at the Masters event at Royal Albert Hall. He might be wandering around Wimbledon though, supporting Mario and stuff.

Rach x

emsr2d2,Mar 4 2005, 09:33 AM Wrote:Took this from the Boodles website:

The Boodles Challenge takes place at Stoke Park Club between 14th - 18th June.

"An English Summer Garden Party around some world class tennis, the Boodles Challenge provides a rare opportunity to rub shoulders with some of the world's elite players. Held in the stunning grounds of Stoke Park Club Country Estate, The Boodles has quickly established itself as one of the great occasions in the English summer sporting calendar providing an ideal environment for entertaining friends, colleagues and business associates.

Guests are seated in a reserved box and enjoy a fantastic courtside view of the world's elite tennis professionals. Players that have already confirmed in 2005 include:

Andy Roddick
Goran Ivanisevic
Marat Safin
Greg Rusedski
David Nalbandian. "
So fingers crossed!
[right][snapback]18367[/snapback][/right]

Goran will be playing "The Novi Classics" in Croatia, a new tournament in the Delta Senior Tour. It's in the same week as the Boodles.

Greets Eric
Thanks for the heads up Eric :)
Yeah, shame about The Boodles, still as long as he's playing somewhere there's hope. And given the message about his financial situation I guess he'll be playing as much as he can!
Reference URL's