Goran Online Forums

Full Version: Biscan hunt would please Baggie Goran
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bryan Robson wants to recruit Croatian midfielder Igor Biscan - which will be music to the ears of new West Brom fan Goran Ivanisevic.

Former Wimbledon champion Ivanisevic etched his place in tennis folklore by winning in SW19 after being handed a wildcard entry and toppling Tim Henman in the 2001 semi-finals before sensationally beating Pat Rafter in the final.

His staggering victory against all odds was matched by the Baggies last season, as they became the first top-flight club to ever be bottom of the table at Christmas but manage to retain their Premiership status.

Albion's fighting spirit drew the attention of Croatian ace Ivanisevic, who will be delighted by the news that Robson wants to recruit the services of his fellow countryman Biscan, who has been released by Liverpool.

The Baggies boss has plenty of youth in his midfield, with Darren Carter and Kieran Richardson set to join the likes of Richard Chaplow.

So he has targeted 27-year-old Biscan to add a wealth of experience to his midfield pool, having seen him win a string of trophies - including this season's European Cup - during his stay at Anfield.

Ivanisevic is now a fully-pledged Albion fan following last season's heroics - and will be hoping to see Biscan grace The Hawthorns when he visits the Black Country in person next season.

The beanpole Croat said: "I started to support them and as soon as I did they stayed up! I now have a club jersey and am a fan of West Brom.

"I just hope this season will not be as stressful as this year."

Ivanisevic's Croatian team is Hadjuk Split and he added: "I was watching on the last day of the season, watching Teletext and switching channels like a freak to see what was going to happen.

"I'm Croatian so obviously have nothing to do with West Brom - but it was fun.

"I was glad to see the team stay up and next season I hope to come and see them in person," he told the club's official website.

Reference URL's