Goran Online Forums

Full Version: Nadal’s Trousers Can’t Save Mac
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nadal’s Trousers Can’t Save Mac As Ivanisevic Reaches Final

John McEnroe brought the heavy guns out against Goran Ivanisevic on Friday, including Rafael Nadal’s trademark three-quarter-length trousers, but it wasn’t enough to quell the charge of Goran Ivanisevic.

The American got off to a flying start, but eventually went down in a Champions’ Tie-Break after a thrilling encounter.

Ivanisevic won 2-6, 6-1, 11-9, and was overjoyed to reach the final of his home Delta Tour of Champions event.

“It was satisfying because I didn’t play at all for the first eight games,” said Ivanisevic.

“In the tie-break anything is possible, but there were some good points and I’m really happy to be in the final.”

McEnroe, giving away 13 years to his 33-year-old opponent, fought tooth-and-nail to try to get over the finish line, but he couldn’t quite make it.

He liked the trousers though.

“At first I didn’t like them, but after watching Nadal in them for a while I took a liking to them. I tried them in the French Open doubles and now it’s going to be my surprise tactic on the Champions Tour!”

There were numerous flashpoints throughout the 2-hour match, including one occasion where Ivanisevic rounded the net to debate a line-call with the furious McEnroe.

The Croatian will meet Cedric Pioline in Saturday’s final after the Frenchman’s imperious 6-1, 6-2 defeat of Andrea Gaudenzi.

McEnroe will face Thomas Muster in the 3rd/4th place play-off. The Austrian overcame Gilad Bloom 7-5, 6-4.

Reference URL's