Goran Online Forums

Full Version: Goran out of London for Davis Cup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/4341444.stm

Ivanisevic chases Davis Cup dream

Ivanisevic is currently second in the Champions Tour rankings
Goran Ivanisevic has committed himself to Croatia's Davis Cup cause and pulled out of November's Champions Masters at the Royal Albert Hall.
The 2001 Wimbledon champion had been due in London for the Tour of Champions finale from 29 November to 4 December.

But the 34-year-old has changed his plans after a shock call-up for the Davis Cup final against Slovakia.

"This is a chance of a lifetime for me to be in the Croatian team for the Davis Cup final," he said.

"Who knows if it is ever going to happen again?"

Ivanisevic had already qualified for the Albert Hall event but it clashes with the Davis Cup final, which takes place over the weekend 2-4 December.

"I think the tournament and the spectators will understand that this is a one-time opportunity for me and I plan to play a lot of Masters' in the future," he said.

"Trust me, I will be there in London next year."

Ivanisevic was called out of retirement by Croatia team captain Niki Pilic, and may be brought in for the doubles rubber.

Reference URL's