Goran Online Forums

Full Version: Ivanisevic aims for Wimbledon 2003
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MONACO (Reuters) - Wimbledon champion Goran Ivanisevic is determined to return to competitive tennis after a shoulder operation and regain his title next year.

The Croatian is due to undergo surgery on his shoulder on Thursday, meaning he will miss this year's tournament at the All England Club in June.

"It's another challenge to come back but it will be at least six months," Ivanisevic told reporters at the Laureus Sports Awards on Tuesday.

"My goal is to come back and next year to play Wimbledon.

"I cannot finish my career in this way. I'm capable of doing that, I have another two years in me," he said.

Ivanisevic is nominated among the comebacks of the year at the Laureus Awards, seen as the Oscars of the sporting industry, after entering last year's Wimbledon with a triple-figure world ranking and becoming the first man to win a Grand Slam tournament as a wild card.

Ivanisevic said the decision to have surgery on his shoulder, which has troubled him for over a year, was not an easy one.

"I took days off and I thought it would be ok. It was not an easy decision but it was the best and only decision," he said.

The Croatian said he had been invited to attend Wimbledon as a guest this year.

Source: reuters.co.uk

Yeah right!!!!! Great news to know that Big G. is determined to come back next year!!!! Can't wait!!!! So if Agassi could do it, why not Goran????

He is simply the best!!!!

All my loving,

Ale xxxx :)
Reference URL's