Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Goran Matches
04-03-2003, 02:16 PM
Best Goran Matches
As Goran is not playing, I wanted to know what was the 5 best Goran matches u saw!

For me:

- Goran vs Rafter - Wimbledon 2001 Final > Of course :D What a Match!!!!!!!! I cryed when Goran won the final point :)

- Goran vs Sampras - Paris Open 1991 > 1st time I saw Goran:) and I fall in love with him ;) the same day I drink my first beer!

- Goran vs Medvedev - Paris Open 1993 Final > 1st Big Victory for Goran and what a week!!! (beat Edberg and Sampras if I have a good memory) the same day I date my first girl!

- Goran vs Rudseski (?! don't remember how to spell his name) - Vienna 1997 Final - Goran winning after losing the 2 first set and Goran ANGRY against Greg - Great Memory :D - the same day I lose my virginity! (hum it was just few months before:D)

- Goran vs Pioline - Australia Open 2000 1st Round - After this crazy and talentous match in 5 sets, I was sure that Goran would still be able to win Wimbledon!!!

Now, it's ure turn!

Tango
04-04-2003, 07:29 AM
Best Goran Matches
Hy!

Wow, nice list.
Wimbledon was the best Tennis Match ever, it was wondervull!
Vienna Final was already good, i have it on video! *g*
But i think one of the best Goran Matches was the Daviscup match against Kiefer last year in Zagreb!
I was live at the dom! It was great!!

Nice day!
04-04-2003, 11:53 AM
Best Goran Matches
Even though they're not all good memories, I'll start with the 2 matches I've seen Goran play live -

* Tennis Masters Cup, Sydney, 13th November 2001
Goran versus Gustavo Kuerten. My first ever tennis match and Goran's first for this tournament. I wanted him to win so much that I gave myself a headache and made myself feel sick! He did win, thank goodness! :)

* Tennis Masters Cup, Sydney, 16th November 2001
Goran versus Juan Carlos Ferrero. Because he had lost the previous night's match against Yevgeny Kafelnikov, it meant that if he lost tonight he would be out of the tournament. So this particular night I wanted him to win even more and really made myself feel sick with nerves this time! When he lost, I cried!!! :(

Now I'll talk about my favourite TV matches -

* Wimbledon 2001 - at the time, I had no interest in sport, tennis or Goran! I half-watched the match coz my dad had it on TV, but if I wanted anyone to win it would have been Pat Rafter since I'm an Aussie. Months later though, I watched reruns and cheered for Goran. In hindsight I'm so much happier that Goran won since there's such a nice story about it all.

* Australian Open 2002 - I can't remember who he beat but he won his first-round match before losing to Jerome Golmard in the second round.

* Davis Cup 2003 - I didn't really see this match on TV but since it was his comeback match and he won it, I thought I'd mention it :)
06-13-2003, 03:29 AM
Best Goran Matches
1.) Wimbledon '01 final vs. Rafter

2.) Wimbledon '98 1/2 final vs. Krajicek

3.) Grand Slam Cup '96 1/2f. vs. Kafelnikov 0-2 sets down(won in 5)

4.) Wimbledon '94 1/2 final vs. Becker (Goran destroyed him)

5.) French Open '94 3rd round vs. Corretja( 0-2 sets down yet again he won in 5)
06-14-2003, 02:37 PM
Best Goran Matches
So many great matches - Thanks for ure lists, it makes me remember good memory!!!!

GORAN IS A GENIOUS - HOPE HE WILL BE PRESENT FOR WIMB 2003!!!
06-15-2003, 09:51 AM
Best Goran Matches
ok heres another 5.

Wimbledon 92' SF vs. Sampras

Key Biscayne 96' SF vs. Sampras

US Open 96' QF vs. Edberg (ended edberg's slam career)

Davis Cup 97' vs. Muster(beat muster on clay in austria 1-2sets down won 7-5 in the fifth)

Grand Slam Cup 94' 2nd round vs. Becker(won 6-4 6-1, totally outplayed boris that day)
06-16-2003, 09:19 PM
Best Goran Matches
1992 Barcelona Olympic games VS santoro he won in 5 sets again and gave is first medail for Croatia.

He won a second one with prpic in double and his Friends Drazen Petrovic and Tony Kukoc won a third in basket ball.
06-23-2003, 10:43 PM
Best Goran Matches
How can none of you mention the Wimbleson final - Goran vs Agassi? - That was an absolute classic. I still find the 2001 final the best goran match ever, the sheer emotion makes it.:)
07-09-2003, 09:52 PM
Best Goran Matches
- Wimbledon 2001, finale (so many cries)
- Wimbledon 1998, 1/2 (during Football world cup in my country, with France vs. Croatia)
- Vienne 1997, finale (however Rusedski was not very fairplay )
- Split 1998, 1/8 (vs. Boom Boom, a great heated exchange)
- Late show with D. Letterman, 2001 (oupsss, it's not a match)
07-11-2003, 03:09 AM
Best Goran Matches
Wimbledon 2001 3rd round vs roddick (blew the kid away from court)

Masters Cup RR vs. ferrero (eventhough he lost it was quiet entertaining goran match with his on court anthics)

Moscow final vs. kafelnikov ( beat him in front of his own crowd)

US Open 98' 2nd round vs. Martin (beat martin in front of his crowd as well)

Stockholm 94' (1/4 final)? vs. Agassi (very exiting match endind 7-6 in favor of goran in the 3rd set)