Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
article inside------------->
04-24-2003, 07:59 PM
hi everyone!

I found a little article on a german website.
this is the original:

Vater-Freuden für Ivanisevic

Der kroatische Tennisstar Goran Ivanisevic, Wimbledonsieger von 2001, ist Vater geworden.

Seine Lebensgefährtin Tatjana Dragovic hat am vergangenen Samstag in einer Münchner Klinik ein Mädchen zur Welt gebracht. Die Tochter soll auf den Namen Nina, nach Gorans Großmutter, getauft werden. Das berichtete die Zagreber Zeitung "Jutarnji list".

Ivanisevic' Tochter kam wegen der besseren medizinischen Versorgung in München zur Welt. Außerdem wollte der Vater dem Medienrummel in Kroatien aus dem Weg gehen. Dort gilt er nach seinem Wimbledonsieg vor zwei Jahren als Volksheld.

Der 31-Jährige hat zuletzt beim Masters-Turnier im März in Indian Wells ein Match bestritten. Dort verlor Ivanisevic in der ersten Runde gegen den Brasilianer Gustavo Kuerten.

and this is the translation:

the Croatian tennis star Goran Ivanisevic, Wimbledonwinner of 2001, became father. His life companion Tatjana Dragovic got in Munich on past Saturday in a hospital a girl. The daughter got the name Nina, the name of gorans grandmother. This reported the Zagreb newspaper "Jutarnji cunning". Ivanisevic ' daughter came because of the better medical supply into Munich to the world. Goran wanted to go out away from the Media from Croatia. He applies after its Wimbledonwin for two years as a people hero. The 31-year old last denied a match in the masters tournament in March in Indian Wells. Ivanisevic lost in the first round against brazilians Gustavo Kuerten.

I hope the translation is OK;-)

CU
bye
04-24-2003, 08:03 PM
hi, it´s me again;-)

Sorry, the name of the newspaper is "Jutarnji list" and not "Jutarnji cunning"!

bye
04-25-2003, 06:32 PM
Its great ;) Thanks!!!

they try and they try but everything that they do
is the ghost of a trace of a pale imitation of you
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-26-2003, 01:12 PM
Thanks for the article!

I should've remembered about them naming her after Goran's grandmother... he has a boat named after his grandmother too, although it maybe a different grandmother from a different side of the family...
05-11-2003, 02:39 PM
Quote:Originally posted by Julieanne
Thanks for the article!  

I should've remembered about them naming her after Goran's grandmother...

Nina is a nice name but I found that its a strange way to give a name!

If I had herited of my grandfather name, I would have be named "Roger" :rolleyes: very old fashion, I would have start my life on earth with a big handicap;)

Tango
05-11-2003, 03:20 PM
Although it was initially reported that she would be called Nina, it is now being reported that she has been named Amber Maria.

Which one is right?!

they try and they try but everything that they do
is the ghost of a trace of a pale imitation of you
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-01-2003, 11:11 PM
Radda Wrote:Although it was initially reported that she would be called Nina, it is now being reported that she has been named Amber Maria.

Which one is right?!

"Jutarnji" means morning, "list"(leest) means paper!:)