Goran at Queens
06-04-2004, 06:24 PM
Goran at Queens
According to Radio 5, Goran is certainly at Queens right now. Whether he plays or not remains to be seen, but apparently the front row of the players' lounge in front of the TV for the Henman v Coria semi at Roland Garros included Goran and Philippoussis! Thanks to my mate Cathy for the info.
Fingers crossed he plays. Shame it's sold out.
Em x
06-05-2004, 01:38 AM
Goran at Queens
he will play an exo vs. martin on saturday!
06-05-2004, 08:24 AM
Goran at Queens
:) thanks for the info!

they try and they try but everything that they do
is the ghost of a trace of a pale imitation of you
Visit this user's website
06-05-2004, 08:34 AM
Goran at Queens
Found this little bit of info about it -

Organisers have announced that 2001 Wimbledon champion Goran Ivanisevic will play American Todd Martin in an exhibition clash at Surbiton tomorrow.

they try and they try but everything that they do
is the ghost of a trace of a pale imitation of you
Visit this user's website
06-05-2004, 07:25 PM
Goran at Queens
Is that a definite for the exhibition match? I've just visited the Surbiton website and it says the exhibition match after the singles final is Srichapan v Dent.

Am tempted to head up there if it's Goran but will be damned annoying if it turns out not to be! Anyone got a definitive answer?!
06-05-2004, 10:34 PM
Goran at Queens
Bad news I am afraid. Goran WAS supposed to be playing today, but had to pull out due to injury (his neck this time, believe it or not). I guess that means that Queens is in doubt, but if he doesnt play there, sure he will try and warm up somewhere, so keep an eye out on the nottingham open, and club med cup (at Roehampton) just incase. He needs wrapping up in cotton wool so he can make it out for that final wimbledon appearance!
06-05-2004, 10:45 PM
Goran at Queens
Thanks for that! Saved me a journey. Was v confused as to whether he was meant to be playing Saturday or Sunday anyway!

You're right - he should stay in bed wrapped in a very soft duvet until Wimbledon. And he should be wrapped up safely in the car on the way to SW19 just in case. If he ever actually steps on court I will be very very surprised. But if he does, I will be there.
06-05-2004, 10:55 PM
Goran at Queens
Thats ok. I was actually THERE today. Heard about it last minute and just jumped onto a bus at 6am, unbelievably excited about the prospect of seeing him. So, so so gutted when they made the announcemnet. Havent got tickets for queens either, and I cant make the first two days of wimbledon either due to work committments, so unless there is some miracle, I fear I will never see him play again :(
06-05-2004, 11:15 PM
Goran at Queens
Bummer for you to have got there and found he wasn't playing. Can't believe I didn't even find out til it would have been over!

I was going to go to Queens but I see even the ground passes are sold out now.

As for Wimbledon - WORK COMMITMENTS??!! What's the matter with you? It's Goran! GO SICK!
Mate and I will be there on the Monday or Tuesday, or both if necessary to see him. The guy deserves a storming send off. I hope the powers that be realise that and put him on Centre Court.
06-06-2004, 08:34 AM
Goran at Queens
oh, he will definately be on centre, sure of that :). As for work commitments, its actually for my dissertation, and if I dont go, I will fail it, and probably my degree. If by some miracle he gets through to the second round though, I am THERE! I am really hoping that he will make nottingham or roehampton, but hing is I have been to see Goran so many times and he has pulled out at the last minute, not sure whether I can cope with the disappointment again.
06-06-2004, 11:25 AM
Goran at Queens
Goran is schedule to play doubles at Queens - guessing that means that he has recovered a bit. That also means that he will most likely be playing on an outside court for that match....

This is a static archive of the Goran Online Forum. All content is preserved as-is.