• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Follow Game Online
06-08-2004, 02:52 PM
Follow Game Online
Goran lost!!!!!
06-08-2004, 02:55 PM
Follow Game Online
Yea - he lost.

But he shouldnt be too disapointed. He played really well at times, and with a good week of training ahead he should be fit and ready for Wimbledon.
06-08-2004, 02:58 PM
Follow Game Online
WTF 30 bomb aces, only 2 double faults and all at 76% first serves..... jesus christ! i haven't seen this for some time, maybe never???? how the hell was goran suppose to beat this? does hanescu always play like this? if so this guy will go along way.

well done gorane, you nearly won it, which would have been a miracle against such a serving exibition by hanescu.
all those double faults in that game in second set was very dissapointing, you can't do those things and except to win tight matches as this.

but in the first set goran gave it all he had, that game where he had 0-40, there was nuthing more that he could do. if he had some luck could have gone a diff way.

from what i c both these players seem to be high class and big threats at wimbledon. u guys agree?
06-08-2004, 02:59 PM
Follow Game Online
i meant "third" set not not first set
06-08-2004, 02:59 PM
Follow Game Online
0-40 for Goran...second serve from Hanescu and bad return from Goran...after 2 aces for Hanescu...next game, break for Hanescu on his 1st break ball :mad:

Goran has been courageous, talentous and still have a good serve (18 aces) I think Goran can pass some rounds in Wimbledon if he plays like today, depends of the draw...

Hanescu was quite lucky today on "crucial" points and had a very good serve (77% of 1 st serve and 29 aces!) no expression on his face when he won...pff, a mix between Woodforde and Henman...Hanescu ==> JEBI SE!!!

AJDE GORANE!!!!! It was a good preparation today for Wimbledon 2004!!!!
06-08-2004, 03:06 PM
Follow Game Online
if you compare how goran played today compared to wimbledon when he won, where do you think he is lacking if anywhere, for the ppl who watched it?????
06-08-2004, 03:38 PM
Follow Game Online
well, it's difficult to compare...I would say that Goran played almost the same today as he was playing in Wimbledon 2001 in 2nd round against Moya!

Right now, he has lack of confidence (not sure about this word ;)) and he prefers to have fun on the court! He's not in the same situation as he was playing the 5th set against Henman to get into the final in 2001.

Goran can still play very good, especially on grass because u you don't have to make the same efforts as on clay and it's more about concentration on serves. Goran has to play the same for Wimbledon...if he pass some rounds, I'm sure u will see him make crazy things on court with the same level he had in 2001 :)
06-08-2004, 06:44 PM
Follow Game Online
I was at Queens today and watched the match. Goran was indeed very relaxed and played quite well. I could compare it to Rosmalen 2001, just before Wimbledon. Hanescu served very well, and had some 'trick' shots which he must have learned from Goran, who used to be his idol.
Goran and Mario won their doubles match vs Sa/Thomas.

Petra
06-08-2004, 07:30 PM
Follow Game Online
He may have lost, but it was so fantastic to see him so happy. That personality was really shining through today. He looks really relaxed, and that probably comes from knowing he is going to retire after Wimbledon (or Olympics?) so what has he got to lose?! He may as well have fun out there. The crowds still love him.
He played far better today than I expected - I hate to admit it but I was surprised when he won the first set. Then I actually started to believe he would take the match, and I would be having to head to Queens on Wednesday to try to sneak in!
I am so looking forward to seeing him at Wimbledon - even though it will be bittersweet knowing it will be the last time.

Hope the good form continues in the doubles though.