wimbledon wildcards
06-11-2004, 11:54 PM
wimbledon wildcards
So confused. Why isnt Goran listed amongst the Wildcards for Wimbledon? He cant possibly have a high enough ranking to automatically qualify...
06-12-2004, 01:09 AM
wimbledon wildcards
I don't even think he will enter as a wildcard... I think if you are a winner in any of the years, u just get put in the draw as a non-seed. I've seen it before. As you know, tournaments dont just go by atp rankings... it's more or less historic seedings, especially at wimbledon.
06-12-2004, 06:36 AM
wimbledon wildcards
I read somewhere that Goran would be using his protected ranking to get into the tournament. If you are injured when u have a high ranking, u can use that ranking to get into a fixed number of tournaments after you return from injury. Goran saved up his protected ranking entry for Wimbledon.
06-12-2004, 06:47 AM
wimbledon wildcards
Ok...now I am worried...his name is not listed among the players of Wimbledon 2004...has he pulled out again?? Please no!
06-12-2004, 08:23 AM
wimbledon wildcards
Asif Wrote:Ok...now I am worried...his name is not listed among the players of Wimbledon 2004...has he pulled out again?? Please no!
Nah, dont worry about that bit, thats just based on last years players I think. That all makes sense what was said before... I know he will be there, just was confused how! If he had pulled out, we would have definately heard by now.

This is a static archive of the Goran Online Forum. All content is preserved as-is.