Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Goran playing on centre court tomorrow
06-20-2004, 04:51 PM
Post: #1
Goran playing on centre court tomorrow
Hi all,

Goran is scheduled to play on cente court, the second match after Federer. I cant wait!!!
06-21-2004, 12:40 AM
Post: #2
Goran playing on centre court tomorrow
a big hi to those from the old days of goran....the ace queen, tanguy, even, ivonyl!

just wanted to come back and wish goran the best for old time's sake.

us fans from way back will know the feeling well - the adrenalin, excitement, anxiety we feel so deep in our hearts on the eve of a goran match. the anticipation of him just coming out and blowing hte opponent away. the aces, the racquet smashes, the oh-so-memorable quotes at his press conference, the brilliance that comes off his racquet, the looks, stares and curses...........

we share his pain and disappointment, yet also experience his euphoria when he wins. we feel his emotions in our own stomachs and hearts.

we defend him to the end to those who doubt him. we cried when he won w'don....bought every newspaper with his name, downloaded every pic of him with the trophy.

i've come up with my own top 10 list of "how you know you are a diehard goran fan" - hope this hits the spot and you can relate:

10. you know every single one of his quotes and can recite them and still find them funny every time

9. you have learnt croatian (if you aren't already) in the hope of running into him, and speaking to him in his native tongue and that he will be so impressed, he'll just want to marry you! (ok maybe that's me!)

8. you have become superstitious like him.

7. before the internet, you would buy a whole tennis magazine, because it contained 1 line about him, or a picture with him in it.

6. you have posters of goran in your room.even if you're married or in a stable relationship!

5. you know how to spell ivanisevic and cannot believe people who can't.

4. you swear, scream, abuse the tv when watching goran play an opponent. you hate them if they beat goran. my hit list is as long as the phone book.

3. these words run thru your head when you watch goran play - "please god, if he gets this in, i'll........."

2. you are forever united to any goran fan and can chat like long lost relatives over anything goran related.

1. you will be glued to the tv watching goran play tonight, praying, screaming ,swearing ,crying and hoping that it wont be his last game.....

good luck goran, adje gorane - you are the best ever.

anita
06-21-2004, 01:52 AM
Post: #3
Goran playing on centre court tomorrow
Best of luck to Goran tomorrow. For once the organisers got it right giving him second slot on centre court. Its sad he never got to be the first out there defending his title, but this is the next best thing. Its very special for him and for everyone lucky enough to attend. P.S. I wonder if he will be watching the Teletubbies tomorrow morning.
06-21-2004, 06:08 AM
Post: #4
Goran playing on centre court tomorrow
Will this be shown on BBC anyone know?

they try and they try but everything that they do
is the ghost of a trace of a pale imitation of you
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-21-2004, 09:16 AM
Post: #5
Goran playing on centre court tomorrow
I would think the BBC will show it.

Goodluck Goran! Let us hope this is not his last match. I think he can win this match. Youzny is a very up-and-down player (a bit like Goran!!), so I am hoping today is not one of his better days.
06-21-2004, 10:43 AM
Post: #6
Goran playing on centre court tomorrow
Anitaggii Wrote:a big hi to those from the old days of goran....the ace queen, tanguy, even, ivonyl!
HI ANITA!!!! :)

Quote:
just wanted to come back and wish goran the best for old time's sake.
 
us fans from way back will know the feeling well - the adrenalin, excitement, anxiety we feel so deep in our hearts on the eve of a goran match. the anticipation of him just coming out and blowing hte opponent away. the aces, the racquet smashes, the oh-so-memorable quotes at his press conference, the brilliance that comes off his racquet, the looks, stares and curses...........

we share his pain and disappointment, yet also experience his euphoria when he wins. we feel his emotions in our own stomachs and hearts.

we defend him to the end to those who doubt him. we cried when he won w'don....bought every newspaper with his name, downloaded every pic of him with the trophy.
:)
06-21-2004, 10:43 AM
Post: #7
Goran playing on centre court tomorrow
Quote:
10. you know every single one of his quotes and can recite them and still find them funny every time
My fav' is the one about Mark Woodforde :D

Quote:
9. you have learnt croatian (if you aren't already) in the hope of running into him, and speaking to him in his native tongue and that he will be so impressed, he'll just want to marry you! (ok maybe that's me!)
Not to marry ;) but...ja ucim hrvatski! Sta on uci? on uci hrvatski! ja ne ucim ruski, ja ucim hrvatski....da, ja sam Francuz, ali jos ne govorim hrvatski :D it was my first lesson in croatian language

Quote:8. you have become superstitious like him.
Always a Croatian flag in my bag when I have an exam!

Quote:
7. before the internet, you would buy a whole tennis magazine, because it contained 1 line about him, or a picture with him in it.
I still do it :o

Quote:
6. you have posters of goran in your room.even if you're married or in a stable relationship!
I have a really nice poster but my girlfriend is not jealous :P

Quote:5. you know how to spell ivanisevic and cannot believe people who can't.
Some people in this world don't know how to spell Ivanisevic????

Quote:
4. you swear, scream, abuse the tv when watching goran play an opponent. you hate them if they beat goran. my hit list is as long as the phone book.
When i watch Goran on TV, There is the "good" Tanguy and the "bad" Tanguy....I feel exactly like Goran!

Quote:3. these words run thru your head when you watch goran play - "please god, if he gets this in, i'll........."
I'll drink some other beers :cool:

Quote:
2. you are forever united to any goran fan and can chat like long lost relatives over anything goran related.
Even if I've never met someone from this forum, I LOVE U ALL :) (especially girls :D)


Quote:
1. you will be glued to the tv watching goran play tonight, praying, screaming ,swearing ,crying and hoping that it wont be his last game.....
good luck goran, adje gorane - you are the best ever.

anita
Yep, watching Goran's match is fantastic, u are yelling, praying, jumping, smoking, drinking.....at the end of Goran's match, u are feeling like u played with Goran, u have to take a shower and organize a party to celebrate his victory :D
06-21-2004, 12:34 PM
Post: #8
Goran playing on centre court tomorrow
Just saw an interview with Goran at Wimbledon [Image: smile376.gif]
Goran always has me smiling ;)

they try and they try but everything that they do
is the ghost of a trace of a pale imitation of you
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-21-2004, 01:11 PM
Post: #9
Goran playing on centre court tomorrow
Radda Wrote:Just saw an interview with Goran at Wimbledon [Image: smile376.gif]
Goran always has me smiling ;)

been listening to radio wimbledon at work, and heard an interview with him.

hoping the federer match lasts a while as cant afford to miss that much time off work!


Forum Jump:


User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)