Wimbledon
06-23-2004, 11:45 AM
Wimbledon
He there,

I'am a Goran fan. And I think you are all. So I was thinking that it would be very nice for us that BBC televised the Wimbledon Final 2001 so that we can take a satisfied farewell of Goran. And maybe BBC will do this if we send massive a mail with this question.

thanks a lot.

Mie Katoen
06-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Wimbledon
They are showing it just now as rain is preventing play, debatable how much they will show though....

they try and they try but everything that they do
is the ghost of a trace of a pale imitation of you
Visit this user's website
06-23-2004, 01:26 PM
Wimbledon
well, if this rain persists, its likely that they will need to be going back to the 'classic' matches to fill the gaps. If you wanted a copy of the match you can actually buy it from www.wimbledon.org and the online shop

Mie Katoen Wrote:He there,

I'am a Goran fan. And I think you are all. So I was thinking that it would be very nice for us that BBC televised the Wimbledon Final 2001 so that we can take a satisfied farewell of Goran. And maybe BBC will do this if we send massive a mail with this question.

thanks a lot.

Mie Katoen
06-23-2004, 01:27 PM
Wimbledon
Radda Wrote:They are showing it just now as rain is preventing play, debatable how much they will show though....

haha, that was fast :)
06-23-2004, 01:29 PM
Wimbledon
amazing watching it again how you can feel the excitment, the emotions, all welling up again...the crowd, the atmosphere...fantastic!

they try and they try but everything that they do
is the ghost of a trace of a pale imitation of you
Visit this user's website
07-05-2004, 05:42 PM
Wimbledon
yeah, i love watching Wimbledon on tv. hopefully next year, i'll actually go there and watch the mens final :D i know it costs a lot, but im prepared to part with my money to experience that atmosphere.
07-05-2004, 07:08 PM
Wimbledon
Well, Steph, good luck in the ballot then. I don't know anyone who has managed to get men's final tickets in the ballot, ever! And Wimbledon have got so strict on catching out people who sell on their tickets, that they pretty much never come up for sale.
Wouldn't you be disappointed if it turned out to be two players you didn't really care much about.
The atmosphere in 2001 was only like it was because it was on the Monday, therefore not populated by people who got tickets in the ballot, but by us real fans who camped out all night specifically because of who was playing!
Though I did notice that the crowd seemed to get into this year's a bit more than usual - that had a lot to do with the personalities on court than anything else. Cos let's face it, it wasn't the best tennis match ever! They both played well, just a shame they didn't do it at the same time.
If you really love watching Wimbledon, I'd recommend camping out and going a couple of times during the first week - many more matches, far more players to see, and it's a real experience.

This is a static archive of the Goran Online Forum. All content is preserved as-is.