Hi Everyone
06-23-2004, 01:15 PM
Hi Everyone
hi, i am a MASSIVE goran fan, dating back from when he lost the 92 final right up until today, i supported him for 9 years up until now, and watched with horror as he lost the 94 and 98 finals, i totally wrote him off in 2001 and how wrong i was and im as pleased as punch to seem back at wimbledon this year, i must admit i never thought he would be back

His 2001 victory was one the greatest moments in my life, i know that sounds stupid, but i was so proud of him, and his triumph over adversity, a testament to the character and will of this great man, never has there been a better entertainer in the modern game.
06-23-2004, 01:20 PM
Hi Everyone
Nah, thats not silly- exactly how it was for me :)

Wimbledonchamp Wrote:hi, i am a MASSIVE goran fan, dating back from when he lost the 92 final right up until today, i supported him for 9 years up until now, and watched with horror as he lost the 94 and 98 finals, i totally wrote him off in 2001 and how wrong i was and im as pleased as punch to seem back at wimbledon this year, i must admit i never thought he would be back

His 2001 victory was one the greatest moments in my life, i know that sounds stupid, but i was so proud of him, and his triumph over adversity, a testament to the character and will of this great man, never has there been a better entertainer in the modern game.
06-23-2004, 01:22 PM
Hi Everyone
Doesn't sound silly at all :)

they try and they try but everything that they do
is the ghost of a trace of a pale imitation of you
Visit this user's website
06-23-2004, 01:55 PM
Hi Everyone
yeah, i mean everyone looks to someone as a role model, and this guy is my role model, but im crap at tennis, hehe, so i'll have achieve my goals elsewhere. I've still got all the newspapers from his victory. The goran bandwagon had started but i had been on it for 9 years solid
06-23-2004, 01:58 PM
Hi Everyone
and again, that last reply was me
06-23-2004, 03:02 PM
Hi Everyone
I am a Goran fan since I first saw him serving, but since he lost three wimbledon finals and performed terribly on clay courts I thought he will end his career without making a mark, like there are so many great sports personalities who ended there career without marking there name on the trophies or in the history of the game. But after his win in 2001 I was so happy and this incident was a moral booster in my life and I still cherish that moment when I am low in life.

Thanks Goran....
06-23-2004, 04:26 PM
Hi Everyone
yeah that was nicely put, i make a point of watching the 2001 final every year or so, just to see my loyal support pay off, his speech at the end was so emotional, has there ever ever been a match like it? i think not!
06-23-2004, 06:26 PM
Hi Everyone
has there ever ever been a match like it? i think not!No :) and I don't think there ever will be again!

they try and they try but everything that they do
is the ghost of a trace of a pale imitation of you
Visit this user's website
06-23-2004, 08:31 PM
Hi Everyone
Hi everyone, good to be here ;)

Pretty big fan of Goran myself, I followed him for a very long time. As for many of you, one of my most cherished sports memories is that glorious day in 2001... I have to say I was quite pesimistic about it, full of hope but the three lost finals where too strong memories... I though for a long time about him that he would be like another tenis hero of mine, Cedric Pioline. Full of talent, but would never win a Grand Slam.... Well I am so happy he proved me wrong :)

Anyway, enough rambling. I´ll see you around, I´ll check in as often as I can seeing that this is the best place online to find news about him :) Unfortunately, Wimbledon isn´t shown on public television here in Spain, so no chance for me to see him.... but I have a friend in England who hopefully will be taping the matches....

See you round ;)
06-24-2004, 12:19 AM
Hi Everyone
Tennis will miss him,his personality. Today' players are robots but Goran is as real as it gets.No doubt my greatest tennis memory was his victory at WImbledon in 2001-I cried also. Funny thing is, I listened to the match on radio because it was not shown live here in the states. That victory should go down as one of the greatest in Tennis history. Go Goran!
06-24-2004, 03:20 AM
Hi Everyone
the f**k it wasnt shown here in the states... saw it live on nbc man... where were u??
06-24-2004, 10:30 AM
Hi Everyone
i, too was overcome with emotion, days like that seldom come along, it was horrible for me, because i was at work on the day of the final, and wanted to go the day without knowing who won, but then someday texted me and told right before i sat and watched it, but it was still great to see, i suppose knowing he won made it easier to watch, credit to Rafter it takes 2 to make a match as great as that. so class.
06-24-2004, 02:04 PM
Hi Everyone
Radda Wrote:has there ever ever been a match like it? i think not!No :) and I don't think there ever will be again!
For sure: NO!!! Too much emotions, suspens, passion...so beautiful!!!!

I think that 1 thing made also this match "unique": the Public!!!! The match was on monday, real fans were supporting Goran or Rafter...no VIP!!!
06-24-2004, 08:03 PM
Hi Everyone
I have been a fan of Goran since the first time I saw him at Wimbledon when he was about eighteen years old and reached - I think - the semifinals. That was when there were a lot of really great players - Becker, Edberg, Lendl, Pat Cash and lots and lots of others - I even remember Bjørn Borg and Jimmy Connors, who I also thought was the best in his time. But Goran is Goran - I can't imagine tennis without him - who can take his place. Who can raise us to the heavens and leave us in hell like he does. How many times have I given him up only to search in the newspapers to see when he would play again. Just like today - I was ready to say goodbye after the third set - but no, he did it again. Great site, Radda.

This is a static archive of the Goran Online Forum. All content is preserved as-is.