GORAN - THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!! (A tribute)
06-25-2004, 05:28 PM
This tread is a tribute to Goran - where everyone can send their spesial words to Goran - after his last match in his marvellous career!

Hi Goran,

I'm in tears right now. Having seen your match against Hewitt I'm just out of words. You gave it your best all up the the last ball!
It's been a pleasure for 16 years - to follow you at Wimbledon, and of course all other tournaments.
You have given us laughter, tears, victories, the greatest sporting moments, the best serve ever seen in the history of tennis - and last but not least; you've given us GORAN. Through and through.

The tour won't ever be the same without you!

Best regards
Marcus Johnsen
Oslo, Norway
06-25-2004, 05:39 PM
I can't believe he's finally gone. Goran is my favourite player, the way he engages the crowd and his emotion on court is incredible.
And of course, he is a fantastic player.
We'll miss you big guy!
06-25-2004, 05:45 PM
Goran, we love you and will miss you!

No one will ever come close to the enjoyment, pleasure, and massively tense games (!) you have given your fans.

I wish you nothing but best wishes for the future, which ever way the path takes you.

Radda

they try and they try but everything that they do
is the ghost of a trace of a pale imitation of you
Visit this user's website
06-25-2004, 05:48 PM
Thank you for everything

Not only that you are the best player, but the most wonderful person of all the players.
It makes me cry just the thought that you won't play enymore.
06-25-2004, 06:05 PM
I've supported Goran since I was 10 years old. I'm now 22. He's inspired me all the way. I'm really going to miss him at Wimbledon. It'll never be the same again.

Thanks Goran. Good luck with whatever you go on to do and God bless.

Saurov Pal
06-25-2004, 06:12 PM
Hi Goran!

This is very hard,this last goodbay.One hour after the match and i am still crying.I will miss you so much.I wish you all the best in the future.No matter what you will do I want to ask just one thing-please do not forget that you are GORAN IVANISEVIC,the GREAT-do not forget it never,never.You made something special,you were not only a tennis player,no,you were a life player-one of the best.Now the world of tennis is crying because it lost a great player.WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU,ALWAYS.There a small place in my heart that belongs to you.ЧАО!ОБИЧАМ ТЕ!

Alexandra Kostova
Pernik,Bulgaria
06-25-2004, 06:20 PM
I don't know what to say! I cried my eyes out, i'm really sad. The most fantastic player ever has played his last match........

Goran, you brought me so much joy, laughter, and especially a lot of tears, whether you won or lost i always had to cry. Thank you for all those special moments throughout all those years. Since the first moment i saw you on tv, you were my favorite, and i guess i fell in love.......
And now 14, 15 years later, i have to say goodbye, but it's just too hard!!!!
I saw you twice play in Rotterdam, you gave me your autograph, that was one of the most special moments in my life, alongside your Wimbledon victory!

I wish you all the best, together with your girlfriend and daughter.

I will never forget you!!!!!!

I love you!!!

All my love,
S.
06-25-2004, 06:32 PM
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING GORAN
NINA, SLOVENIA
06-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Thanks for your work. Getting so emotionally attached to your career has wound up being one of the most satisfying experiences of my life. Long may you run, Goran.

Nick
Cheektowaga, NY, USA
06-25-2004, 06:34 PM
Goran,

The words "Thank you" cannot even begin to describe my gratitude for all the joy you have brought to the world of tennis during your amazing career.

You have brought us so many inspirational, exciting and emotional matches, as well as one of the best finals in Grand Slam history - it saddens me greatly to think that we will never have the opportunity to watch you play again.

We will miss you!
06-25-2004, 06:35 PM
Goran,

The words "Thank you" cannot even begin to describe my gratitude for all the joy you have brought to the world of tennis during your amazing career.

You have brought us so many inspirational, exciting and emotional matches, as well as one of the best finals in Grand Slam history - it saddens me greatly to think that we will never have the opportunity to watch you play again.

We will miss you!

Vass

England
06-25-2004, 06:37 PM
Goran

I am incredibly sad right now thinking I will never see you play tennis again. But I have many memories of your long career! Of course your days at Wimbledon are the most memorable. I admire your skill, your personality and your never die attitude. I wish more people in the tennis world showed your passion for the game.

There will never be another player like Goran Ivanisevic!! One of a kind!

Thanks for the great tennis moments...on and off the court!!!

Marsha Boyd
Edmonton, Canada
06-25-2004, 06:43 PM
C'mon You Guys.
What are You doing? It looks like a funeral.
I know what You're feeling. I feel exactly the same but i'm happy for Him.
He is a great player and He will be forever. He is a Wimbledon Champion and He always be. That's the important thing.
Maybe He won't retire. You don't know Him? He will do anything He want.
I hope to se Him playing tennis again. If not? I have some tapes to watch.
I will always remember Him as a great player and human.
First time i saw Him in 1989 or 1990 at French Open (a month later He lost to Becker in 1/2 final in Wimbledon) when He beat Boris Becker. Since then i just had to watch every match what was on TV.
I cried after 1998 Wimbledon final but when He finaly won in 2001 i was so happy. And i will remember that final, that match, that day forever.

So thank You Goran for everything. For all those great matches and for all those years.

Good luck Goran

Piotrek
Warsaw, Poland

"No matter what I'll do until
the end of my career,
I'll always be Wimbledon champion"
06-25-2004, 06:43 PM
Hi Goran!

To me, you are and will always be the best! I have never enjoyed watching a player more then watching you! You always made me laugh, but also made me curse in frustration and biting my nails off during very tense matches, but hey... I forgive you ;)
I will miss you, and I wish you all the best in the future. I hope we will hear from you in the future.... Actually, I'm pretty sure that we will....

Many hugs and kisses (Oh I wish!)

Hélène C.
Netherlands
06-25-2004, 06:50 PM
Goran, thank you for everything! For every win and loss, for every broken racket, for every smile and laughter that you gave us! You have done a lot for our town, and Split will never have somebody like you! You are simbol of our town, like St Duje! You should have your own tower here! :-) I'm very sorry that you didn't win this Wimbledon too! And I'm more sorry that you won't play tennis again! Now you can dedicate yourself to your soccer career! With Hajduk to Champions League! :-) When will I see you play soccer? Talk to Katalinic!
At least I have your Wimbledon victory recorded and I watch it very often!

The king is gone...

Goodbye, Goran! We'll miss you!

Marija
Split, Croatia
06-25-2004, 07:07 PM
Greetings,

Thank you!

Enjoy!
06-25-2004, 07:07 PM
Goran,
Thank you for all the excitement, fun and emotions!
You are a marvel. It's been really nice to have followed your career though for only 10 years.
Have a good rest and all the best for whatever you do in the future.

Yukiko
Tokyo, Japan
06-25-2004, 07:19 PM
I started following your career from the very beginning. I fell in love with your smile, your serve and most of all your personality. Everyone who knows me knows how much I've always admired and cheered for you. And you are the ONLY one I've cared for so much... in anything.. music, sports, art.

THANK YOU!!!!

For everything. The laughter, the amazement the tears, the joy and the love for the game.

One of the happiest days of my life, (actually it went on for a week) was the day you finally won Wimbledon. Today, it's probably one of the saddest. However, I'm very happy for you. You chose to end your career in the most stylish way.. your beloved centre court in front of another champion....YOU ARE GREAT!!

But please, do not stop playing. We'd love to watch you even if not in tournaments.

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaby Delgadillo
MEXICO
06-25-2004, 07:22 PM
My dearest Goran...

Thanks for all you gave to all of us. For sure, tennis won't be the same without you...
Still in my mind the absolutely wonderful final at your beloved Wimbledon Centre Court, as well as your visit to Argentina to play Davis Cup... what a memorable doubles match with Ivan Ljubicic!!!!!!
Best of luck in your new life, and looking forward to seeing you always!!!!!!

All my loving,

Alejandra
BUENOS AIRES, ARGENTINA
06-25-2004, 07:28 PM
Well, that was that. And what now? I watched it all. I did all the things I usually do when Goran plays (rituals like shopping at the same places as last time he won at Wimbledon). It didn't work this time. He was outplayed, he didn't have a chance - which is why it was a great way to stop. He has had his moment in time and used it well. It had to stop before it became embarrassing. We will love him on the senior tour, he is made for it.
Good luck Goran. Thanks for everything. Let's hope someone else turns up who can make us enjoy tennis as much as you have. Any suggestions about who than can be??
Patm

This is a static archive of the Goran Online Forum. All content is preserved as-is.