Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GORAN - THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!! (A tribute)
06-25-2004, 07:30 PM
Thanks for coming to Doha for five years straight. Thanks for taking pictures with me and my son, I'm still crying now after I watch the match with you and Hewitt. It's incredibly sad to know that this will be the last time we will see you playing. Tennis is going to be soooo boring without you! There are no words to describe your love for the game of tennis. I hope to see you again one day. We'll miss you alot!

Love,
Lucy, Doha, Qatar

lnguyendon@hotmail.com
06-25-2004, 07:33 PM
I love you, Goran!!!

I am so sad you've gone - you are truly the best tennis player to me - the most exciting, the most amusing, the most stylish and most adorable!

Please come back to Wimbledon! It's your tournament! Whenever you step on to Centre Court the crowds go wild - you are everybody's darling. It would be brilliant if you came back - you've got it in you, I know!

It was fantastic when you put your Croatia shirt on after the match - and I love what you said about Pete Sampras - the only way you'd be number 1 that year would be if you shot him! That was so funny!

Please come back, just one more year! It would make the tournament.

All the best, Goran, and thanks for all the years of brilliant tennis,
Love and best wishes,
Natalia
06-25-2004, 07:39 PM
goran, you were absolutely amazing- a true champion. Nobody played like you and you left a lasting impression on everyone here at wimbledon. after watching countless number of matches at wimbledon, you seemed the ONLY one who generated so much emotion and support from fans, the moment you step on the court, you have everyone chanting your name and screaming encouragement from their seats, winning over the British public. You played amazing tennis and made it so fun to watch you go through so many emotions at once. there has been and always will be only ONE GORAN.
GOOD LUCK.
06-25-2004, 07:43 PM
I have watched you play at Wimbledon for many years now and I just wanted to thank you for all the pleasure and entertainment you've given me! Not only do I admire your talent but the passion you display. You will be truly missed. Maybe you should follow in Becker's footsteps and try your hand at commentating? Anything to get you back over here.
Good Luck
Claire
xxx
06-25-2004, 07:46 PM
Thank You Goran for all the joy you have bring on the Tennis Court!
You´ll be missed.....
The best moment was when you won the wimbledon title in 2001, the best final I ever seen.
Good Luck in the future!

Greatings from Sweden!
06-25-2004, 08:19 PM
Goran thank you so much for everything, your tennis, your personality, and everything else that comes along with you. I am 17, from Australia and I started watching tennis when I was 11. You have always been one of my favorite players. As a devoted tennis fan I can truly say that Wimbledon 2001 was one of the best memories I have ever had. It was an amazing win and you proved dreams can really come true. I love your dedication and hard work that you put into every match and the game will miss you. You are loved by so many people and their will never be another one like you. Congratulations on your amazing career and good luck for the future!

Jacqueline
06-25-2004, 08:32 PM
Goran, the best is yet to come for you, lots of exciting things, a brand new life, a brilliant new career, whatever it might be… you're so young, so gifted, and so witty, you can have it all.

As a player you're more than a Wimbledon Champion, more than a former Number One : you're just part of the legend... I'm 30, I remember vividly Becker, Edberg and Sampras, and of course I v a n I s e v I c, and then nobody... Before you guys there were Bjorg, McEnroe, Connors... After you I just see nobody. I see good players and winners. I see no stars, no heroes, but I’m too proud of you to feel sad about that.

I saw you for the first time at Roland Garros against Becker (1990, 1st round, amazing) Something like love at first sight; because of your first achievement I started watching tennis, screaming, praying God in front of my TV... hating those who would not just admit that you were the best player ever. At this time I didn't dare to dream that 14 years after you'd make history, and that you would become such a hero for so many people… And that I would be so proud of you, up to your very last match.

You’ve done it, Goran !!!

I hope to hear about you, again and again.

Eva
06-25-2004, 08:46 PM
He's my mate. He's the funniest Tennis-player ever!!!
06-25-2004, 08:50 PM
I still can't take it in that we won't see you on court anymore. I've been following you since I was 10, and 13 years on you are still my one and only player, hero and god.

Thankyou for all the amazing matches, interviews and everything that you have given all of us throughout your amazing career. Im practically in tears just writing this, so all that I can conclude is that to me you are THE CHAMPION, of Wimbledon and everything / everywhere else.

Love and good wishes for your future, and remember you are The Man!!

Love
Harriet
06-25-2004, 08:55 PM
the day you won wimbledon was one of the happiest days in my life!
you were the reason i started watching tennis...during the last 13 years you were the only guy that fulfiled me with so much joy...i will never forget you...and to be honest...in some kind i really do love you!!

for me you are the greatest sportsman...it was a honour to follow your career!i will miss you very much!!

your mehrdad
06-25-2004, 08:55 PM
he's the greatest personality ever.... i've red somewhere: " boring like Sampras , interresting like Ivanisevic" - totaly true, but not enough .... nobody before, and i'm affraid, nobody after, will be able to create such great show. Every word in every interview was always full of personal emotions. That's the key to his secret -

Goran!!!! u're gorgeous!!!u're unique personality!!!
I'll always love & admire You.
Best wishes for You & your family.
Don't leave us ....
kisses

Leeloo
Gdynia/Poland
GG 1643472
06-25-2004, 09:33 PM
dear goran,
you were the reason why i start
to watch tennis, to cry a match or want
to kill someone incredibly strong and too human
for do something normal.
you were the man the only one for me.
and you'll still.
i love you.
and i'm not gay.
luca.
06-25-2004, 09:45 PM
VavaFromParis Wrote:I saw you for the first time at Roland Garros against Becker (1990, 1st round, amazing) Something like love at first sight

You’ve done it, Goran !!!

I hope to hear about you, again and again.

Eva

I also saw Goran first time then :D

I would like to add something. There were players that won more Grand Slam titles than Goran but i think that Goran will be the most missed player in the ATP Tour.

Once again good luck Goran and please don't retire.

Piotrek
Warsaw, Poland

"No matter what I'll do until
the end of my career,
I'll always be Wimbledon champion"
06-25-2004, 10:51 PM
you've been giving me so much for the last 16 years, i just wanna say a big, big thank you! without following your matches my youth wouldn't have been the same. when you finally won wimbledon i felt like i had won it too...
thanks for everything and all the best for you and your family
06-25-2004, 11:01 PM
Goran,

A commentator once said that you make the crowd live and die every point with you and looking at the emotions displayed here I can't help but think how true this is. For me, after living and dying every point with you since 92 when you lost to Agassi, I cannot express how hollow it feels to know I just witnessed your last one.

You have given everyone who had the pleasure of watching your incomparable, mercurial game such immense joy and to the end, your play, personality and genuine love of the game has earned you the love and respect of fans and players alike. So, here's to the many Gorans and the many moments - both heart-wrenching and uplifting - that you have given us all.

J. in Dublin
06-25-2004, 11:17 PM
Switzerland Wrote:you've been giving me so much for the last 16 years, i just wanna say a big, big thank you! without following your matches my youth wouldn't have been the same. when you finally won wimbledon i felt like i had won it too...
thanks for everything and all the best for you and your family
beautiful what your say in these words !!!!!!!
thanks for all goran !!!! i will miss you so much!!!
06-25-2004, 11:34 PM
Goran, you are wonderful !
06-25-2004, 11:36 PM
Dear Goran,
It's sad to see you go. You are one of the last flamboyant players on the tour
Good luck and God loves you

Cas
Holland
06-25-2004, 11:44 PM
Thank you Goran for every part of yourself you have shared with us. Your joy and tears, your passion and your dreams, your wonderful personality and talent. I feel honoured to have been there from the start.
I wish you luck with whatever you do in the future, but don't change. Spend time and enjoy your lovely family, but maybe come back to Wimbledon next year and drink your tea in the commentary box!
I feel so sad, but hope you join the seniors tour in a couple of years time.
So much love, (and a few tears), take care,
06-25-2004, 11:46 PM
LEGENDO!!!

When I read all this posts here I can really sa that i'm proud to be CROAT!
I'm 19 years old the first time i watched you it was 1990. i was 5 my dad told me back then:"look son goran's on TV"
there are so many emotions right now, sad, happy for all the things you did, for all the matches i enjoyed, all the times i skiped class so i could watch you play...you are sooo loved everywhere, from Mexico to Australia unbelivable.

We'll all miss you so much!

MANGUPE VOLIMO TE!