they try and they try but everything that they do
is the ghost of a trace of a pale imitation of you
Visit this user's website
06-30-2004, 04:47 PM
Ancic V Henman
Mario Ancic won in 3 sets. 7-6 6-4 6-1.
06-30-2004, 05:21 PM
Ancic V Henman
I watched the match :) way to go Mario!!!

06-30-2004, 08:06 PM
Ancic V Henman
Super Mario is on his way to the top!
07-01-2004, 01:46 AM
Ancic V Henman
Super Mario!

This has been a great Wimbledon for Hrvatska.

Goran retires in the perfect opportunity (sad, very sad. can't he keep going like Agassi?)

Karolina Sprem makes it to the Quarter Finals! Woo!!!!
Ivo Karlovic makes it to the 4th round! (he's gotta get better with the volleys and movement.)
and Mario Ancic making it to the Semis' so far!
07-01-2004, 08:34 AM
Ancic V Henman
When Goran played his first wimbledon final he was almost as young as Mario...I hope that Ancic will follow the example of THE GREAT,GORAN...I know that this will make Goran proud and happy...He loves so much Croatia.I know also that they are friends so i hope that Mario will play as passionate as Goran...if it is possible. :)
07-01-2004, 11:23 AM
Ancic V Henman
Well done Ancic.

I was rooting for him from the start of the match (yes, I am a Brit who couldn't care less whether Henman wins or loses!) - but I honestly didn't think he'd do it in straight sets.

What more proof do we need of Goran's inspiration?!
07-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Ancic V Henman
Would someone explain to me what is that about Goran that makes people go against their own country? I mean, I'm slovenian, we used to live in the same country so it's natural for me to love him. And adore him as the rest do. But to go against your own country? I never realised he's been so very much loved by everyone, untill now. That honestly make me wanna cry.
07-01-2004, 03:48 PM
Ancic V Henman
I think with tennis, you tend to go for personalities, although Tim is British, and so it would be assumed I would support him, there is nothing about him I like, and most of the time I support his opponent.
With Goran I love his style, his talent, his personality, his passion, his love for his country. I guess being Scottish on some levels I can understand the passion felt for your own country :)

07-01-2004, 08:11 PM
Ancic V Henman
Absolutely right, Radda. I don't think who you support in sport, especially an individual sport like tennis, should have anything to do with nationality. I don't like Henman much anyway, but I wouldn't support him just because he is British. A mate and I were glared at throughout a match once at Queens because we were very loudly supporting Philippoussis against Rusedski. The people around us didn't seem to be able to grasp that we had both been supporting Mark for years, so why would we change that just because he was playing a Brit. I was proud to be waving a Croatian flag at Goran's last match - I just see it as a sign of support for a player.

It certainly has more to do with tennis talent and personality than anything else for me.
07-02-2004, 08:35 PM
Ancic V Henman
Hi Radda...did'nt he do well! Seems we have another 'Goran' to cheer for! Hope he can do it against Andy, but does'nt look so good at the mo.
Bye for now. Penny.
07-02-2004, 08:46 PM
Ancic V Henman
Hi Ems
I too totally agree with you and Radda! In my opinion most of that lot who go and scream for Henman on centre court are'nt genuine tennis fans anyway, as they seem to clear off home after the match and don't bother to watch anyone else. Indeed I know people who stopped watching the coverage on TV as soon as Tim went out. Sad really is't it?!
Byee...Penny.
07-02-2004, 08:51 PM
Ancic V Henman
The Croation tennis players are ACE!!!
07-02-2004, 09:19 PM
Ancic V Henman
Please come back and show them who is champio for ever !!!

This is a static archive of the Goran Online Forum. All content is preserved as-is.