BBC presenters and Goran
07-03-2004, 08:27 PM
BBC presenters and Goran
Don't know about everyone else, but I'm SO cheesed off with the presenters, and the like going on about the rain break during that set of the Goran/Henman semi in '01, which according to them 'saved' Goran. Why is it that they seem incapable of letting go?! They went on about the '93 Bailey/Goran match and the net cord for years!! Going back even further, there was the '91 Nick Brown win over Goran, and all the fuss made about that, but no one on the BBC or in the media mentioned the hard time Goran was having regarding death threats and the war in general, or again in '93 about the death of his friend. I've also been disgusted by the way the Wimbledon commitee treated Goran in the past too, regarding court allocation. The number of times he had to play on Court 2 was unacceptable. Okay, I'm glad it gave fans who were unable to get onto centre or no1, a chance to see him, but to think that the only time he played on centre for his first match was this year, is beyond belief. Would be interested in knowing what you all think about all of this.
Byee..Penny.
07-04-2004, 11:19 AM
BBC presenters and Goran
The commentators will always come up with a million and one reasons why Tim didn't win, it will always be based on something other than him just not being a good enough player ;)

they try and they try but everything that they do
is the ghost of a trace of a pale imitation of you
Visit this user's website
07-05-2004, 07:58 AM
BBC presenters and Goran
Jimmy Connors made a very good point at Wimbledon whilst being interviewed.

He said you are not only playing a game of tennis against an opponent. You have to cope with the weather and everything that surrounds the tournament as well.

Goran coped better than Henman. End of story. Remember, Goran was still losing the match. Henman could not cope and Goran showed greater mental strength.

It annoys me intensly when people say the rain saved him all the time. His win in 2001 was the most memorable in years. It removed all the boring memories of Sampras.
07-06-2004, 07:11 PM
BBC presenters and Goran
they seem to forget that little timmy was down and out in the previous round against todd martin i think, but the bad light saved him and he won. when was the last time the english just held up our hands and just said 'we weren't good enough. just ask that swiss ref. or the portugese groundsman. or the german penalty takers etc etc...
07-06-2004, 10:42 PM
BBC presenters and Goran
Unregistered Wrote:they seem to forget that little timmy was down and out in the previous round against todd martin i think, but the bad light saved him and he won. when was the last time the english just held up our hands and just said 'we weren't good enough. just ask that swiss ref. or the portugese groundsman. or the german penalty takers etc etc...
So true! Did'nt Henman say when he defeated the young Swiss last week..''Swiss referees. huh! Well I got some revenge today. How chidish can he get!!

This is a static archive of the Goran Online Forum. All content is preserved as-is.