Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow...I wonder...it's gonna be tempting
06-11-2005, 09:41 AM
he's been absolutely dominating the senior circuit...he can still serve in the 130s with pinpoint accuracy when his arm's feeling all right. If he could play even half a healthy season, he'd still lead the ATP tour in aces...guy's just incredible. You have to wonder if he might be tempted to make a return...if he does, I hope it's only at Wimbledon. He'll never be able to top that 2001 climax, though...but it just won't ever be the same without his Wimbledon magic. I wouldn't mind seeing him only play Wimbledon and then win it a couple more times. I don't know about all of you. Then he could be mentioned as perhaps the second greatest grass court player ever to Sampras, as he rightfully deserves (I really wonder how his career would've looked had he beaten Becker in that 1990 semi-final...Sampras might never even go on that incredible streak...of course, I'm glad everything went as it did because Goran's 2001 victory was the greatest sporting moment for me in history). :D Of course, he already owns the title of "funniest, most entertaining player ever."
06-12-2005, 12:47 AM
I'd love to see him to play at Wimbledon again! I have to say I can't see it happening what with players like federer around now, but there's always a chance!

Jordan,Jun 11 2005, 08:41 AM Wrote:he's been absolutely dominating the senior circuit...he can still serve in the 130s with pinpoint accuracy when his arm's feeling all right. If he could play even half a healthy season, he'd still lead the ATP tour in aces...guy's just incredible. You have to wonder if he might be tempted to make a return...if he does, I hope it's only at Wimbledon. He'll never be able to top that 2001 climax, though...but it just won't ever be the same without his Wimbledon magic. I wouldn't mind seeing him only play Wimbledon and then win it a couple more times. I don't know about all of you. Then he could be mentioned as perhaps the second greatest grass court player ever to Sampras, as he rightfully deserves (I really wonder how his career would've looked had he beaten Becker in that 1990 semi-final...Sampras might never even go on that incredible streak...of course, I'm glad everything went as it did because Goran's 2001 victory was the greatest sporting moment for me in history).  :D Of course, he already owns the title of "funniest, most entertaining player ever."
[right][snapback]18404[/snapback][/right]