Nadal’s Trousers Can’t Save Mac
06-21-2005, 10:49 AM
Nadal’s Trousers Can’t Save Mac
Nadal’s Trousers Can’t Save Mac As Ivanisevic Reaches Final

John McEnroe brought the heavy guns out against Goran Ivanisevic on Friday, including Rafael Nadal’s trademark three-quarter-length trousers, but it wasn’t enough to quell the charge of Goran Ivanisevic.

The American got off to a flying start, but eventually went down in a Champions’ Tie-Break after a thrilling encounter.

Ivanisevic won 2-6, 6-1, 11-9, and was overjoyed to reach the final of his home Delta Tour of Champions event.

“It was satisfying because I didn’t play at all for the first eight games,” said Ivanisevic.

“In the tie-break anything is possible, but there were some good points and I’m really happy to be in the final.”

McEnroe, giving away 13 years to his 33-year-old opponent, fought tooth-and-nail to try to get over the finish line, but he couldn’t quite make it.

He liked the trousers though.

“At first I didn’t like them, but after watching Nadal in them for a while I took a liking to them. I tried them in the French Open doubles and now it’s going to be my surprise tactic on the Champions Tour!”

There were numerous flashpoints throughout the 2-hour match, including one occasion where Ivanisevic rounded the net to debate a line-call with the furious McEnroe.

The Croatian will meet Cedric Pioline in Saturday’s final after the Frenchman’s imperious 6-1, 6-2 defeat of Andrea Gaudenzi.

McEnroe will face Thomas Muster in the 3rd/4th place play-off. The Austrian overcame Gilad Bloom 7-5, 6-4.

they try and they try but everything that they do
is the ghost of a trace of a pale imitation of you
Visit this user's website

This is a static archive of the Goran Online Forum. All content is preserved as-is.