Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GORAN - THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!! (A tribute)
06-26-2004, 07:32 AM
I don't know what to say. I am disturbed. Probably it will take me a long time to to accept Goran's retirement, suddenly i don't like tennis at all.
sachin
06-26-2004, 07:49 AM
Bye Goran. You made tennis interesting and your character brought so much to the game.

I am so glad Goran achieved his goal of winning "The Wimbledon". He deserved it so much. I am very happy he had a chance to get onto Centre Court twice before ending his career.

Yesterday was an upsetting day in tennis and the sport will never be the same in my eyes.

Goodluck for the future, Goran!
06-26-2004, 08:06 AM
Goran, you´ll be very missed. You´ve brought enjoyment to us all. Hope you have a fantastic life from now on, and hopefully we´ll have the chance to see you in exhibition matches or senior tour.

Take care, enjoy life and, above all, THANK YOU.

Stefan,

Madrid, Spain
06-26-2004, 08:19 AM
Goran

You gave us great pleasure...both as a player and as a wonderful human being. Like many other, I have also been following your career for over 10 years now. It has always been a priviledge to see you play. You were so emotionally involved not only with the game but also with the spectators and that made all the difference.

I wish that your life after tennis is filled with love, happiness and many memorable moments. Everyone will miss you immensly...you are a true champion and you will always be the best in my eyes.

Thank you for being the special person you are.

Good luck Goran.

Aachal
Sydney, Australia
06-26-2004, 08:38 AM
Goran,

Goodbye, our Wimbledon Champion! You will be greatly missed!

Cara Yip from Hong Kong
06-26-2004, 08:53 AM
I was a privelege to see that match, a perfect display of your brilliant skills & remarkable personality.It was also a timely reminder of what a silly game soccer is in comparison - where the fans simply seem to hate their opponents (whereas tennis the fans love their idols). Have a long & prosperous life Goran.
06-26-2004, 09:57 AM
Yesterday i saw the match against Hewitt and at the end...sooo many tears fell out my eyes! Goran, your're the best tennisplayer and tennis-entertainer in the world!
You're amazing to me, and i love to see your style and your 'Gorans'.
It's fantastic to look at you, i can only do that with a huge smile on my face, and with a terrific hard heart-beat!

I really like you so much Goran, i'll miss you very very very much, i hope you decide to return one day.

Good luck, i send you many kisses love and a huge hug!!
bye bye sweet Goran :D

Eva
The Netherlands
06-26-2004, 10:46 AM
Dear Goran,

Yesterday my heart broke when i saw you walking out for the last time out of Centre court. You brought so much enjoyment to your fans. You will be missed terribly. The tour yesterday lost the most charismatic, funny and unpredictable man. For me tennis is looking quite bleak at the moment knowing that a great tennis player such as yourself will not compete anymore.

Watching you play is a rollercoaster of emotions. You have the ability to make a person smile, laugh, cry, curse all at the same time.

Good luck for the future, i have no doubt that you will highly successful in whatever you choose to do after your retirement.

With lots of Love,

Maria - Malta
06-26-2004, 11:15 AM
Hi Goran,

Man, you are and will always be one of best players ever to play tennis. The first time i watched you was in the Wimbledon 1992 final against Agassi and after that im a big fan of yours.

Wimbledon 2001 was definitely the best sporting moment for me in any sport. I will always remember that tournament especially for your matches against Henman and then Rafter. You will always be called Wimbledon Champion from now on and that is just great.

The best part was in 2001 when they had a photograph at Wimbledon with all the geratest players, you were probably the only player not to have won the tournament and then you won it the same year. That was just amazing.

And now, this is the most fitting way to end your carrer at Centre Court, Wimbledon and enjoying everything.

Thanks for all that you have given to the sport ..

regards,
George
06-26-2004, 11:38 AM
You gave me the happiest day of my life on 9th July 2001, and now the saddest. I simply cannot believe that when I watched you from the stands yesterday putting on your football shirt, taking a last look around, and leaving the court that I will never see you play again. I was still sobbing into my Croatian flag several hours later!
But today I know that you know you have done the right thing. You got your dream, to leave tennis on centre court, cheered by a crowd that realise you are one of a kind.
The passion you put into playing rubbed off on every spectator - we absolutely did live and die every point with you. The sheer unadulterated joy you took in playing was an inspiration, and your determination to come back after so many injuries was incredible. There were days when we, along with you, thought it would never happen. But back you came, fought for your dream and now it is time for us all to say goodbye and wish you well in everything you do.
Tennis will never ever be the same again.
With much love
Emma
Brighton, UK
06-26-2004, 11:40 AM
Adio i fala.Vidimo se namoru! Buzin prijatelj
06-26-2004, 11:55 AM
Tennis lost its greatest talent after McEnroe, it lost a great deal of passion and soul. This passion sometimes got awkward nationalistic spins, however the war in mind - we'll not keep remembering him for that... Fala.
Ales, Slovenia
06-26-2004, 12:01 PM
Goran, I just wanted to say Good luck to you! For your next life...
You were a great man in tennis, now you have to focuse on the other part of your life, and you have to relax...
Tennis was everything for you, and you were everything for numbers of fans, I follow your carreer for 12 years, when I was 10. I cryed for you after your first final against Andre...
And now you're a Wimbledon Champion, you deserve it so much!
Come on Goran, enjoy your life and stay GORAN IVANISEVIC...
P.S.: I'm belgian and I hope that we will beat Croatia in Davis Cup in September but I also hope you will play the last match!

Arnaud
06-26-2004, 12:06 PM
Dear Goran,
First of all, thank you for everything.
Life will never be the same again.
I still dont know what it was that made me your fan.
I first show you on tv at the 92 wimbledon when i was 12. Ever since then I have been your fan.
In your press conference yesterday you said, no more therapies,injections or exercises for you now. That is the sole consolation for me who still cant believe that you have called it a day. Atleast(actually it is the most important thing) you can now live your life outside of tennis and fulfil all your desires.
I loved tennis before and i still will love it. But something has gone.

Our hearts are greedy. We asked our gods before you won wimbledon that atleast let goran win one wimbledon. But after you won wimbledon, we asked for one more wimbledon for you.
You made me so superstitious. I was bothered by the tiniest of things when you were going to play on any day. I used to watch tv news channels all day long,all year round to know how you did in your matches. Before 2001, wimbledons used to end up for me, with me crying in my dark room listening to sad songs.
I somehow feel kind of free, and breathing very calm right now. Along with sadness in my heart, I also have a feeling of relief. No more pulsating, nail biting, hair raising, edge of the seat stuff for me. May be it is time for a more calm and reassured approach to life for me now.
When I show your play against Mikhail Youzhny, I thought and believed that you can still win 2 or 3 more wimbledons.

Please Goran, tell us what to do now. My life has become aimless right now. I dont know what I will do from now on. Up until 2001, it used to be waiting all year round for wimbledon and other grand slams, and praying throughout for you to win. And after 2001, it used to be waiting for you to return to wimbledon.
But what to do now? No ambitions in life for me now.
Lastly, I want you to know that I have loved you more than anyone or anything I have loved in my life. It is my dream to one day meet you. I will tell you more when we meet(lol, I know when I meet you, I will be overjoyed to say anything!).
Good luck Goran in all your endeveours in life. May god bless you a long and healthy life.
Life is precious. Enjoy every moment of life.
Your fan,lover,admirer,devotee,disciple,student, and many more
-Amit
India
06-26-2004, 12:38 PM
My dearest Goran,

I have supported you for so long since I was only a college student. You are my favourite player and your fantastic matches accompanied with me for so long and I just don't know what to say and how to express my feeling now. I have watched your last match and you really played very well. You gave us many unforgetable matches and we are so proud of you!

I will never forget you and thank you for giving us so many great matches and Aces balls. I have never seen such a good tennis player like you. We love you forever and miss you!

Hope you, your girlfriend, your little babe and your family are alright and wish you all happy!

Love,
Clare (from Hong Kong)
06-26-2004, 01:05 PM
Hi Goran,

I have been following your career since the semi finals of Wimbledon in 1990, theres been lows but I dont think anyone lost hope!

I also admire the passion you play wioth I don't think there is any other player who is that passionate about the game and the love he has for newly created country!

GONE BUT SURELY WILL NOT BE FORGOTTON!
06-26-2004, 01:39 PM
I have followed Goran's career since 1990 and there were so many times I got a heart attack crying Gorane je bog!!!!
Thank you for all. You are the one and only WIMBLEDON CHAMPION!!!!!

Rita Csörgics
Hungary
06-26-2004, 01:46 PM
;) Thank You Goran!!!

Ever since I was 11 years old I just watched you play whenever I had the chance. I started to love you as a player, entertainer and most of all as a wonderful personality. As a kid I wanted to serve like you, wanted to look like you by serving with my teeth on my lips, pulling my socks up after each point and even throwing my racket when I was angry. You made a difference, you made me laugh a lot, you made me terribly nervous with all your thriller-matches and off course made me cry of happiness when you finally won Wimbledon. It was like a movie with a beautiful end yesterday. I cried again to see you in the shirt of the beautiful country you love so much and I am happy I had the chance to see you play in person in Rotterdam this year!!

Although I was a bit sad yesterday I know you are not gone. You have a great family now and I am going to listen to your funny comments in the future and see you win the davis-cup for your country as a coach I am sure!

For the coming months I hope you enjoy relaxing and looking back at all these wonderful years! Maybe you can say a little prayer for the Netherlands to win Euro 2004 I am sorry my prayer didn't work out for Croatia....:o

Thank you for everything and I wish you all the love and happiness with your little daughter,wonderful wife and family in the future!

Astrid
The Netherlands
06-26-2004, 01:48 PM
Just wanted to say I'm going to miss Goran. It's been hard supporting him for the last 11 years, there have been so many ups and downs! He hasn't really been around for the last couple of years, but it was nice knowing that you'd see him play eventually. Now, the door on his professional career has finally closed, and I'm really sad. :-(

I wish him all the best for his future, and I know we haven't seen the last of him. I know we'll see him next year at Wimbledon, even if it is with him wearing his tie and having his cup of tea!

It was wonderful being on the centre court when he finally triumphed in 2001, and again being there last monday for his final victory. Tennis (and all our lives!) won't be the same without him.

Radda
UK

(I hope at some point someone tells him to look at this website so he can see how many people love him and how sorely he'll be missed.)
06-26-2004, 02:45 PM
Goran, thank you so much for everything you offered us tennisfans during the last 15 years. You have been my first favourite tennis player and the reason I became a tennis freak :) ! I have grown up following your matches on tv and collecting everything Goran-related! I just re-read an entry in my diary dated from 1997, the day you won Vienna beating Rusedski in the final after having been 2 sets down. I wrote down on three pages all the reasons why I love and admire you so much! It's very sad that "the supporting Goran on the tennis courts"-chapter is over now, something will be missing in my life. But I guess, that's life!

The day you won Wimbledon was one of my happiest day in my life, I will never forget it. My Wimbledon 2001 final video tape is very precious to me, I watch it every time I feel really down and sad. Seeing you winning and your reaction after the matchpoint always makes me feel a lot better. It helps me to keep fighting to achieve my goals and to believe in myself. So, thanks Goran for helping me through my difficult moments :) !

Also, a wonderful Goran memory was seeing you play your first round match in Wimbledon 2001 live on court 13. It was the first time I have ever seen you in flesh and it meant so much to me. It was an amazing experience! I feel so blessed to have been able to witness your first step to your Wimbledon title :) !

Whatever you are planning to do with your life, I will always support you. You will always hold a special place in my heart! You will be missed so very much on the tour. There will never be a second player, so crazy, fun, charismatic like you are.

All the best to you and your family! Be happy and enjoy life :) :) :) !!
Lots of love from Switzerland
Corina